Wednesday, May 05, 2004

People
Rare interview with Dame Judi Dench curtailed due to traffic: "The trouble with this phone-on-the-road-interview malarkey is that Dench's answers tend to be as staccato as my questions. And when she does answer, I'm so busy diving for cover from oncoming traffic that I forget to follow up. I promise Dench that we're as good as at the book festival now. A voice in the background, says that there's only 10 minutes left so I should make the most of it. "Is there a new bloke in your life?" I ask. "Are you joking?" she says. "I'm 69." "Well, you're just a baby, so why not, and let's not fall out before we've even met." She says something about flattery that I don't quite catch because the wheels are screeching to a stop."

Labels:


posted 10:57 PM | link |

Post a Comment



Interactive
The William Shakespeare Weblog is looking for contributions. If you want to comment or follow-up on something which has been mentioned or you have something which you think might of interest to readers please get in touch. We would particularly like to hear from anyone connected with a production of one of Will's plays for a prospective diary feature. Above all else Shakespeare's words are as relevant now as then and its important for this weblog to reflect that.
posted 09/05/2004 | link | email

(c) Stuart Ian Burns 2004

contributors welcome

[archive]



You can see more of Shakespeare's World @ The Open Directory Project at dmoz.org


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


Site Meter